Friday, April 25, 2014

Camp NaNo Week #3: I have words!

Finally--I have managed to get a nice start on my short story. YAY!!! I am far from of my 10,000-word goal, but I will have a solid first draft of one short story (kind of hoped to have three stories started…). It's still possible to stretch 2,000 words to 10,000 (I do that all the time during November fast-drafting). But I'm not going to beat myself up if that doesn't happen this month.

The key to writing this month: escape.

I wrote nearly all of those words during a writing date with a friend at the cool library with a cafe. So, if you're ever feeling stuck invite a fellow writer on a writing date. Someone else's tapping fingers can be quite motivating!

Stunt fingers: mine need, um, attention, but I should probably vacuum first! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo