Monday, April 14, 2014

Camp NaNo Week #2: My Camp Counselors Are Worried About Me

Ack! I still don't have an actual word count. The dialogue scribbled in my notebook hasn't been translated into a story document yet, so I've ignored the official NaNoWriMo folks. They sent me this  note:

Dear Writer,
We're sending this email to check in on you. (Our budget doesn't allow for home visits. Yet.)
We want to be sure that you do a couple of things this Camp session:
Update your word count. You created your project and you may already be writing. If so, up those digits to share your progress!
If you haven't gotten around to starting yet, that's totally okay. There's still a lot of month left: adjust your word-count goal or bravely promise to catch up. As long as you write something (even if it's only on the last day), you're making it happen.
Say hello in your cabin. Your fellow Campers are looking for you. Seriously.
From many years of doing this kind of thing, we know that creative quests work best when you have a support group. Your cabin crew is a built-in accountability system, and they're friendly to boot.
If your current group isn't working, you can always opt out and handpick some folks via theFinding Cabin Mates forum.
Okay, check-in over. We'll let you get back to that wonderful project of yours.
Thanks for writing it during Camp NaNoWriMo, and here's to a great rest of the month.
Chris Angotti
Director of Programs



 
I've never been so NaNo negligent before! I feel terrible about ignoring my cabin-mates! I really thought I'd be productive during my daughter's college visit last weekend, but writing squished into the middle seat on the plane wasn't going to happen. And I didn't write in cute cafes, I only ate too many delicious doughnuts (oh, Frosty's!) and muffins… And my evening alone turned into me lounging in an exhausted stupor eating gelato in my hotel room watching a Chrisley Knows Best marathon on TV.

Week #3 is looking good, though. I even have a writing date planned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo