Wednesday, March 26, 2014

I'm Going To Camp!

Next week I'm going to camp--Camp NaNoWriMo!



April would be a terrible month for me to fast-draft a 50,000-word novel. Mostly because I'm distracted by my daughter's big looming college decision. So I'm excited that Camp NaNoWriMo is letting us set our own word-count goals, as well as projects.

I'm going to write a 10,000-word short story! YAY!!! I'll certainly need something to distract me from that big looming college decision.

Delving into a big fat novel will be the perfect distraction when my daughter heads off to college in a few months--in one direction (hundreds of miles away) or another (thousands of miles away).

?????

3 comments:

  1. Good luck, Sydney - with the short story and the college decision! Exciting stuff ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Separation anxiety sucks! Hard to let go of such a beautiful young lady. Which colleges is she considering?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm going to miss my daughter more than I can probably imagine, but I'm also quite a bit jealous about all the learning she's going to do. I would love to go to college--forever! She's choosing between three little liberal arts schools…

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo