Friday, January 31, 2014

Celebrating A New Book

I like to celebrate the various phases of the I've-got-an-idea to the completion of an actual book process. When I finish a first draft, I usually send myself a box of my favorite truffles (Legacy Chocolates), or in the case of my mummy manuscript, a box of pyramid & pharoah-shaped chocolates (thank you, Martine's!). I celebrate small milestones because it can take a long, long time before a manuscript transforms into a real book.

That's why I was thrilled to treat myself to this:


A still-frozen Pepperidge Farm coconut cake is how I celebrated my completed first draft of Not-A-Dr. Logan's Divorce Book many years ago. I ate another one when it won first place in the Utah Art's Council Original Writing contest. The cake features in the story as part of the "Signs Your Mom Has Had A Bad Day" section of Logan's own book. And it's an inside joke with my mother--I only recently realized that most people wait to eat these things after they've defrosted. Let's just say I borrowed that bit of fiction from real life.

I'm pleased to announce that I have eaten my third Pepperidge Farm cake! Not A Dr. Logan's Divorce Book will be published by Character Publishing on May 1st. YAY!!!

Confession: I don't think I can force myself to chow down on another partially-frozen Pepperidge Farm cake. I might make my own much more delicious and moist coconut cake on May 1st! 




1 comment:

  1. Fantastic! I happen to know first-hand that the book is even more delicious than the cake. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo