Saturday, August 18, 2012

Camp NaNoWriMo: Week Two

I tipped my canoe over this week--and fell way behind.

Word Count: 24,010 (I'm a few thousand short, but almost halfway)

Biggest Challenge: My twelve year old played in a soccer tournament this week, so my writing routine got lost. She's got a shiny medal to show off--YAY--but I've got a gaping gap in my word count goal.

Even Bigger Challenge: Another soccer tournament in Week Four.

Lesson of the Week: I wrote like crazy one morning, adding 2,500 words in only two hours. BUT... I erased more than a thousand previously written words. Those words took my plot in a stupid direction, but I wish I'd highlighted them in some ugly color and kept the word count.

My Care Package: A trip to the Farmer's Market! (Next Saturday because there won't be any soccer.) I'm going to buy bread and fancy tomatoes... maybe some cute earrings. Can't wait!


2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of care packages at regular intervals -- I might need to try something similar out to keep myself motivated. I've been enjoying following your Camp NaNoWriMo adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kate. I've been surprisingly motivated by the care packages. Plus, they're making me really, really want to hit the finish line, so I can get that last package!

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo