Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Camp NaNoWriMo: Week Three

The thing I love about NaNoWriMo writing is that the middle is the best part. No longer wishing for those lazy days of sitting with a book & simply thinking about my future WIP, I'm committed to the story, making stuff up, letting my characters get a little crazy sometimes--and it's fun.

Word Count: 41,015 at week's end. I'm still behind, but I know I can catch up. Heck, I just read this blog post about 10,000 words a day! I can do this!!! 

Aha Moment: I volunteered to drive both ways to soccer practice, thinking I'd bring my laptop and write. Well, my procrastinating teen happened to be catching up on her online class (PE!?!?!?), so I surrendered my laptop & took my paper notebook. Eeek! I was going to get further and further behind on my word count.

Lounging on a blanket I started scribbling little extra stuff. I wrote a fan letter to my character's favorite celebrity. I scrawled a note to her high school crush. In an hour I had nine notebook pages filled with various notes and letters. I loved the way my character's voice popped in some of these short pieces. Later that night I typed my words into my manuscript--shocked to find that I'd written 1,500 words in an hour. That's a record for this WIP! 

I really don't have any excuses for not writing since I can always bring a notebook along... 

Care Packages: I celebrated the halfway mark with a massage (what a treat!). The knots are worked out of my shoulders & my wrists are ready to hit the finish line. 



We also had a 30,000-word cupcake party! Yummy!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget_logo