Thursday, February 23, 2012

Diving In...

Diving into my new work-in-progress reminds me of the first time I stood on the high board at swimming lessons. The water seemed so far away. I worried about doing a painful bellyflop. But I tipped off the board anyway.


And there were bellyflops, ear infections, and green-blond hair, but with practice I improved and moved on to trickier dives. That's how writing works too, I guess. Yesterday I bellyflopped my first chapter, attempting something too flashy, trying too hard to impress on the first page. So today I'm starting again. The water seems so far away, but I'm tipping my toes over the edge...

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read your next work Sydney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I can't wait until there's a next work to be read :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember, your eyes are a solid five-feet higher than your feet--you're not as high up as you think! :)

    Good luck! I CANNOT WAIT to read another of your books!

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo