Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Guest Blogging

Today I'm blogging about my trouble with "firsts" over at YA Outside The Lines, but I'm hosting Laurie Faria Stolarz here. Her latest installment in the TOUCH series is on bookstore shelves now. Leave a comment to win a copy!

How to bring your psychometric senses to fruition
By Camelia Hammond, main character, TOUCH series by Laurie Faria Stolarz

1. Make yourself comfortable in a place that feels “sacred” to you. For some it’s outside, surrounded by nature; for others it’s a favorite chair or surrounded by candles; for me, it’s wherever I’m doing pottery.
2. Close your eyes and concentrate on your breath, letting go of any stray or nervous thoughts.
3. Now, take an object in your hand. A good idea is to have someone give you something they’ve owned for a long time, i.e. a favorite bracelet or a set of keys.
4. Close your eyes again and concentrate on this object. Be aware of any thoughts or feelings that come about as a result of holding this object. Talk those ideas through, even if they seem silly or insignificant, but never make information up.
Remember, this takes practice and a bit of experimenting. The goal is to begin tuning in to your own inner awareness and your ability of perception. What often works for me is asking a question aloud, and then sculpting out the answer, using my power of touch in a creative and organic way.
Good Luck!
For more information, go here: www.lauriestolarz.com

 About Deadly Little Voices:


Camelia Hammond thought her powers of psychometry gave her only the ability to sense the future through touch. But now she’s started to hear voices. Cruel voices. Berating her, telling her how ugly she is, that she has no talent, and that she'd be better off dead. Camelia is terrified for her mental stability, especially since her deranged aunt with a suicidal history, has just moved into the house. As if all of that weren't torturing enough, Camelia's ex-boyfriend, Ben, for whom she still harbors feelings and who has similar psychometric abilities, has started seeing someone else. Even her closest friends, Kimmie and Wes, are unsure how to handle her erratic behavior.
With the line between reality and dream consistently blurred, Camelia turns to pottery to get a grip on her emotions. She begins sculpting a figure skater, only to receive frightening premonitions that someone's in danger. But who is the intended victim? And how can Camelia help that person when she’s on the brink of losing her own sanity?

More About Laurie:

Laurie Faria Stolarz is the author of Deadly Little Secret, Deadly Little Lies, Deadly Little Games, Deadly Little Voices, Project 17, and Bleed, as well as the bestselling Blue is for Nightmares series.  Born and raised in Salem, Massachusetts, Stolarz attended Merrimack College and received an MFA in creative writing from Emerson College in Boston. For more information, please visit her Web site at www.lauriestolarz.com.

Leave a comment to win a copy of Deadly Little Voices! Or if you're new to the series, I'll send you a copy of the first title. Contest ends at midnight on January 15th.



11 comments:

  1. I so want Deadly Little Vocies!! Its so addicting and Camelia is great! And the covet? Awesomesauce!

    naruto100200@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of Laurie's books! :D
    Thanks for the giveaway! :)

    livingsun211@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sereis so much! And potery! In fact, the item I was concentrating on was a pot I had sculpted! I am the biggest 13 year old DL fan! I have been waitng sooo long, I d'ont think I can bear it anymore! I realllllyyyy would adore to win this contest! You inspire me, Laurie! Some day I want to be an author, just like you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these books. It seems like it's been forever since I have read Deadly Little Games. Words can't describe how excited I am for Deadly Little Voices. I actually just gave my friend Deadly Little Secrets today. :) I have also read the Blue is for Nightmares Series and those are also my favorites too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved her Books!
    Great Giveaway Sydney!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything by Laurie! She's the only author who's managed to make me sleep with the lights on!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read DLS and loved it! I reviewed it for my library's monthly newsletter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I put on The Civil Wars or Florence + the Machine and let my fingers do the rest. Love the Touch series!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I SOO WANT TO WIN!!!
    I FREAKIN LOVE THIS SERIES AND I WANT MY HANDS ON THE NEW BOOK :D

    gaby891 AT YAHOO DOT COM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Gabriella Skory! You won DEADLY LITTLE VOICES. Contact me at sydneysalter AT mac DOT com with your mailing address.

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo