Sunday, October 31, 2010

Wanna Know Scott Westerfeld's Favorite Halloween Candy?

Yesterday I got all dressed up as my most klutzy self and headed to the Provo Teen Lit Fest.



Scott Westerfeld started us off with an inside look at how text and illustrations merge in his Leviathan series. I'm always curious to see what doesn't make it into the book.



I loved spending the afternoon talking books and writing with teens, as well as chatting with author friends.  We mostly talked candy. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCXyDkuYl5A



I'm a Reese's fan myself. Leave a comment telling me your favorite Halloween candy & you'll be entered to win a signed copy of either Uglies or Peeps by Scott Westerfeld (your choice!).

Contest ends, Tuesday, November 9, 2010 at midnight.

4 comments:

  1. Very fun to see that video of all you crazy fun authors that I saw yesterday! I was totally swooning over Nathan Hale, but disagree hugely with his choice of candy! I love all chocolate candy varieties, but my favorite is M and M's.

    I would love a copy of Uglies since I already have Peeps. Wasn't Scott Westerfeld awesome! So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reese's are the ambrosia of life--that perfect combination of salty and sweet. What's up with Sara's obsession with candy corn?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite candy is 3 Musketeers -- when my peanut-allergic son goes trick-or-treating, he knows to save the 3 Musketeers for his mom! (Dad gets the Snickers.) This year, though, I was quite depressed. Not a single 3 Musketeers bar landed in his pumpkin bucket. So I had to go out and buy my very own bag of them. Or 2. (Okay, 3. Shhh. Don't tell.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Tootsie Rolls! I'm completely and utterly addicted to them. If I open a bag it will be gone by the end of the day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo