Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Relationship Advice from Lucienne Diver

Today I'm excited to welcome Lucienne Diver, author of Vamped and the newly released ReVamped. Leave a comment to win a copy! Now here's Lucienne's relationship advice:


1. What is the dumbest or smartest thing you've done after a breakup?

Not many people know this, but I was engaged once before my husband (way back in college). In fact, my husband says that it was years before he knew that the guy had a name other than Slimeball, so you can guess just how well the break-up went. The smartest thing I ever did was have a little funeral for the relationship with my friends. It was very nice closure. We dressed all in black and walked down to the Racquette River chanting “Pie Jesus Domine” (from
Monty Python and the Holy Grail).  We carried candles with which we would shortly set on fire a miniature funeral boat made out of paper and glue holding photographs of Slimeball.  I’m sure anyone who saw our little procession thought we were off to hold a black mass.  Anyway, we very solemnly set the boat alight and watched it go down in flames before heading back to campus doing the Mepos Dance of Joy. It was all very silly and very much what I needed at the time to start the healing process.

2. It's your turn to play Miss Swoon--give us your best relationship advice.

If you’re working too hard to fit together, chances are you don’t. Or at least, not right now. The right timing is as important as the right person. I knew my husband for six years before we ever started dating. I don’t think I’d have truly appreciated him before surviving all the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune (thank you, Shakespeare).  You’d have to meet my husband to know how crazy it is that it took me so long to truly see him. To give you an idea, here’s the great
guest blog he did for me on the top ten reasons you should buy my book.

3. If you could go on a date with any fictional character, who would it be? 

Ack, tough question – all the fictional characters I love are taken, and I’m such a hopeless romantic, I can’t even conceive of getting between my fictional fav and his love!  But…growing up, I was absolutely in love with Nathaniel from The Witch of Blackbird Pond. I was even going to name my first child after him, only my husband put the kibosh on that, since we didn’t really like any of the nicknames.


Congratulations on your new release!

Thank you so, so much!




About the book:

In Vamped, Gina and her minions defeated a vampire vixen, a psycho-psychic and the vampire council of Mozulla, Ohio.  Gina was all ready to expose vampires to the world in all their fanged fabulosity…until the Feds arrived to sweep everything under the rug and make them an offer they couldn’t refuse.

In ReVamped, Gina and her boyfriend Bobby are sent undercover to infiltrate a New York high school where some seriously weird stuff is going down.  Worse than that, Gina’s new super-secret identity is as goth-girl Geneva Belfry.  No color palette to speak of.  More chains than a bike rack.  And don't even get her started on the shoes.  At least she won’t be too worried about blood spatter when kicking the butt of her newest nemesis, who’s decided that the high school makes a perfect playground. Want to know more? Read Gina's blog

“This is a witty vampire romance/adventure with plenty of heart and action.  Diver has written a supernatural sequel to Vamped (Flux, 2009/VOYA August 2009) that will attract even reluctant readers.  It is filled with wry twists, such as the difficulties of trying to apply mascara when, as  vampire, you don’t have any reflection in the mirror, as well as the typical agonies of being young and trying to fit in.”   —VOYA

“Gina, the 17-year-old fashionista of the undead, is back and as sassy as ever (
Vamped, 2009). Thoroughly enjoyable, this sequel is a light, fizzy read… listening in on Gina’s thoughts and quick-witted dialogue is what makes this such a treat.” Kirkus Reviews


About the Author:

Lucienne Diver is a writer by night and a literary agent by day. Read more about Gina on her blog and website.

To win a copy of ReVamped, please leave a comment by midnight, Tuesday, September 21, 2010. 
Open to anyone, anywhere.

7 comments:

  1. Getting to know the personal side of Lucienne Diver increases my pleasure for her books. I first learned of her through Martha Ramirez, who speaks highly of Ms. Diver's writing. Thank you for the wonderful interview.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the book covers!!!!!!!!!
    and lookin for to many many more books
    www.facebook.com\tamibates

    ReplyDelete
  3. these books sound great!! i can't wait to read them

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks good! I hope I win :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun interview. That made me laugh that he was just 'slimeball' for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a great interview. I think Lucienne Diver is a great writer. When I read her book it makes me forget my reality. Knowing the personal side of an author makes you understand the writer's view point so much better. You feel one with the character.
    Jennie Bryant www.jenniebryant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m sure anyone who saw our little procession thought we were off to hold a black mass.

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo