Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Reading Local Challenge

These days there's lots of talk about buying local, eating local, well, I thought, eyeing my to-read stack, I'm going to spend September reading local.


I'm going to catch up on books by Utah authors: Kristen Chandler, Carol Lynch Williams, AE Cannon, Kristen Landon, Bree Despain, and James Dashner.

Watch for updates on my progress--and some great giveaways of signed books by Utah authors. I challenge you to read a "local" book and support an author who lives in your part of the world.

Join me! (And I'd love to hear about what you're reading.)

6 comments:

  1. I'm reading The Clockwork Three by local author Matthew J. Kirby!!! And I just finished Matched by local author Ally Condie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep a list on Amazon: http://amzn.com/l/R2BVTTEY83N2UR. (I updated it with a couple books after seeing your stack.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valynne--I can't wait to read those books. And I love your list Kathryn :) Thanks for the local support!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been reading a few local authors: Heather Moore, James Dashner, Jeff Savage and Tristi Pinkston.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOoooh, great challange! I may just have to partake in some Kurt Vonnegut, Matt Dellinger, John Green, Saundra Mitchell, and Meg Cabbott.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some great local authors, Jody! Happy reading :)

    Looks like you've been doing some great reading too, Taffy!

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo