Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Breaking Up with Saundra Mitchell

Today I'm excited to host Saundra Mitchell, author of Shadowed Summer (now in paperback). To win a copy of your own, please leave a comment. Here's Saundra:

I've always wanted to be a real drama queen, but I never worked up the nerve. Sure, I might think about throwing myself on somebody's casket, or standing up to be the one who speaks now at the wedding, instead of forever holding my peace. But the sheepish, shyish weight of my personality made sure those thoughts stayed in my head--or on the page.

All of my break-ups- some inevitable, some absolutely explosive- became part of Shadowed Summer's Nan Burkett. She's an attention-hound of the first sort- drinking spiked lemonade in the middle of the day, wearing eye-catching clothes- and showing up to her longtime ex-boyfriend's funeral decked out in full widow gear.

Now, I do wonder what happened to my first love from time to time. And I admit, occasionally, I trawl the Internet, trying to figure out where he ended up.

I'm happy and settled - but my inner-Nan carries a Havisham torch. She'd definitely stand in a torrential downpour, holding a boombox above her head, trying to get his attention. Fortunately, she only lives on paper, and I'm doing just fine.

First love, wherever you are- I promise, you're safe.

To read more about Saundra see her Guest Nose post here. You can also buy your own copy of Shadowed Summer at Amazon or Indiebound. Or you can win a copy!

To win Shadowed Summer by Saundra Mitchell,
please leave a comment and your contact info by midnight, Tuesday, July 6, 2010.

14 comments:

  1. I'd love to enter. Am loving Saundra's blog tour.

    jpetroroy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is on my short list to buy. But I'd love to win it first. :)

    tonirankin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hanging my head in shame because I still havent read this!
    sports[dot]erikalynn[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book looks so good! Please enter me!

    kayla3194 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing beats people stalking on the internet! ;)
    Shadowed Summer sounds really good!

    Sara
    yavampire(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome ! Haha yeah, it's fun to write your characters however you want them ! And please enter me in the giveaway :D

    ~Alison
    lostinbelieving(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how the characters in our heads and on the page can do things we would never dare to do in life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "She's an attention-hound of the first sort- drinking spiked lemonade in the middle of the day, wearing eye-catching clothes- and showing up to her longtime ex-boyfriend's funeral decked out in full widow gear" ~ I'm so certain I'm gonna LOVE Nan!

    And this one totally threw me off! -"First love, wherever you are- I promise, you're safe"

    I have a feeling you and I are gonna so hit it off, Saundra!

    speak_to_bidisha@yahoo.co.in

    ReplyDelete
  9. 到處逛逛~~來繞繞留個言囉~~~~.................................................................                           

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like a good book :)
    jlhsperry624@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, this book sounds amazing ! Thanks for the awesome giveaway :D

    ~Alison
    lostinbelieving(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha whoops, I accidently commented twice ! Please ignore one comment...

    ~Alison

    ReplyDelete
  13. An excellent guest post! Thanks for the giveaway; I've been wanting to read this book for a long time.

    ~Briana
    thebookpixie[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Would like to enter

    Cassandra c
    cassandra(dot)crouser(at)yahoo(dot)ca

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo