Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Breaking Up With Janet Fox

Today I'm excited to welcome Janet Fox, author of the debut novel, Faithful. I just started reading it--and I'm hooked! If you want a chance to win your own copy, please leave a comment below.

Janet's Breakup Story:

My worst breakup was my own dumb fault. I had a steady guy in high school that I really connected with – he was tall, dark, handsome, and smart. When he was a senior and I was a junior I broke up with him, just because I wanted to date other guys for a while. I regretted it so fast; but by then he’d been so hurt he not only moved on, he wouldn’t even look my way. Ouch!

Years later we reconnected. I was thrilled until he dumped me. Double ouch.

Years after that, he had a heart attack and died very young. I still feel terrible – like there’s unfinished business out there. Even though I’ve married my true love (and yes, he’s tall, dark, handsome and smart), I think sadly about Mike from time to time.

About Janet:

Janet Fox currently lives in College Station, Texas, with her husband and high-school age son. But her heart is in Montana, where the family has a cabin in the mountains not far from Yellowstone. Her work has appeared in Highlights for Children and Spider magazine; her non-fiction middle grade, Get Organized Without Losing It (Free Spirit Publishing, 2006), continues to be a top seller. She is an MFA student at Vermont College of Fine Arts, and an ARA for BV-SCBWI. She is currently working on a sequel to Faithful, in addition to several other projects.

More About Faithful:

In 1904 Margaret Bennet has it all – money, position, and an elegant family home in Newport, Rhode Island. But just as she is to enter society, her mother ruins everything, first with public displays, and finally by disappearing. Maggie’s confusion and loss are compounded when her father drags her to Yellowstone National Park, where he informs her that they will remain. At first Maggie’s only desire is to return to Newport. But the mystical beauty of the Yellowstone landscape, and the presence of young Tom Rowland, a boy unlike the others she has known, conspire to change Maggie from a spoiled girl willing to be constrained by society to a free-thinking and brave young woman living in a romantic landscape at the threshold of a new century.


Please leave a comment by midnight on Monday, May 31, 2010 to win a copy of Faithful.

11 comments:

  1. Some day I am going to get to go to Yellowstone
    Nat. Park..I've always lived in Fl. I would love to read about it.
    Please enter me in the contest.
    TKS
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great book. I'll sign up for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really, really, really want to read FAITHFUL. I love books where nature and the setting are part of the theme. Please enter me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great guest post! Anyway please do enter me in the giveaway. I would LOVE to win a copy of Faithful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sydney!

    I'd love to read Janet's book - it's on my list. Put me in the hat, please!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Janet has a novel in her break-up story! FAITHFUL sounds wonderful!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot wait to read Faithful! Congratulations, Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to read this one! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I have a dozen nieces at least that would adore this story. Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, phew! I'm not too late!
    Sign me up!
    Love and Yellowstone - what a great combination!

    Bev

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo