Monday, March 22, 2010

Relationship Advice from Sarah Quigley

Today we hear from Sarah Quigley author of TMI. And, of course, I can't resist giving away a copy of her charming debut. Leave a comment to enter!

1. What is the dumbest or smartest thing you've done after a breakup?

My first love was the Norwegian foreign exchange student at my high school. We began dating in October and tearfully parted the following July when he had to go home. It was always understood that we'd break up when he left. That didn't stop us from falling in love and enjoying our time together. It was such a sweet relationship, and we remain friends to this day. So I guess it wasn't so much that I did something smart afterward; I did something smart beforehand. To all of you in high school: date the exchange students. Saying good-bye is hard, but it's infinitely easier than breaking up with someone because you can't stand him anymore.

2. It's your turn to play Miss Swoon--give us your best relationship advice.

Set your standards high, but decide which flaws you can live with. When I began dating my husband in college, several people warned me of his tendency to talk too much (as if I hadn't already noticed!). I don't mind telling him to put a sock in it every once in a while since he picks up his socks. I knew early on that I would never go the distance with a slob.

3. If you could go on a date with any fictional character, who would it be?

I just read STRUTS & FRETS by Jon Skovron and got a total crush on the main character, Sammy Bojar. I'm a sucker for musicians and loved Sammy's song-writing, guitar-playing dreams. He was a really sweet boyfriend to Jen5, and I imagined he was super cute, too.

About TMI
Friends call Becca the Overshare Queen, but her tendency for TMI never seemed like a problem to her until she blabs about her sweet band-geek boyfriend’s sloppy kisses—and gets dumped! Realizing it may be better to resist the temptation to overshare face-to-face, Becca decides to blog anonymously about everything instead. On her blog, Too Much Information, Becca unleashes her alter ego, Bella. Bella tells it like it is . . . though perhaps with a bit more drama. After all, no one’s going to read it, right???

About Sarah
Sarah started a blog when she was procrastinating writing her master's thesis. A few years later, the blog caught the attention of an editor at Dutton Children's Books, who asked Sarah if she was interested in writing a young adult novel. Thus, the seeds for TMI were planted. Sarah is something of a unicorn in the publishing world: a first-time author who has never received a rejection letter.

Sarah currently resides in San Francisco with her husband and daughter. She is a stay-at-home mother, and she never misses an episode of Survivor. Like Becca, the heroine of TMI, Sarah enjoys knitting, baking, and oversharing. Read more at: http://www.sarahquigley.com


To win a copy of TMI leave a comment here by Sunday, March 28, 2010.

7 comments:

  1. I would love to win a copy! I've been wanting to read this!
    -Jess
    lost_inabook88@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the 'date the exchange students' bit. Breaking up is lame but what a good way to some what get around it. :) TMI looks like a fun book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. No rejection letters. She really is a unicorn. Why can't it be that way for the rest of us?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, after reading this I want to read Struts & Frets as well as TMI! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plus, if you date an exchange student, you get to listen to his foreign accent for months. I think I missed out on that one. Can I have my teenage years back now?

    ReplyDelete
  6. God Ive been DYING to win this book. *rigs the drawing* *mwhaha* *smiles innocentlY*

    Ari
    teensactuallyread@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great book! :)

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo