Sunday, March 7, 2010

Meet Otis, The Animal-Loving Kitten

I wasn't sure how our new kitten would get along with all of our other animals...

It took a few days, but now Otis and Magnum snuggle together like old chums. I also wondered how this small cat would get along with our large dogs.

Otis loves Jack and Rosie--and even sneaks under their legs to snack on their food! He also loves to hang out with our tortoises, Sunny and Sandy.

We now make sure the tortoise cage is covered. Otis still tries to share their sunshine.

One day I found Otis snoozing on the tortoise cage while Sunny munched on his broccoli right below him--not caring even a little bit about the large shadow of a cat looming above. Now if only Otis didn't want to be a writer...

At least he keeps my neck warm.

9 comments:

  1. He's so cute! I love kittens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are so cute! Now you have me wondering if we could find a kitten who would get along with our dog and cat. . . By the way, is your dog a Bernese Mountain Dog? She/He is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We picked Otis because he seemed to get along with his fellow kittens up for adoption--and didn't seem to be bothered by the crowds of people at PetCo. Yeah, Jack and Rosie are Bernese Mountain Dog siblings (big sweeties!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just remember that I have two cats I need to give away if you are in need of more animals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness - this is a precious post! I love all of your animals - furry and shelled!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS: I have a creative writer award for you over at my blog if you'd like to check it out. Otis is welcome to share the title with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the cutest post. My hairless cat used to love to sit on my keyboard while I typed. Maybe that explains why I never finished my book until I loaned out my cat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much, Amy! And, yeah, Brodi, I take many more breaks to play with the kitten so he won't type for me.

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo