Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Guest Nose L.K. Madigan

Today it's my pleasure to welcome L.K. Madigan, debut author of Flash Burnout. I'm really excited to read this one! L.K. says:

In FLASH BURNOUT, the main character is 15-year-old Blake, a guy who doesn’t spend much time thinking about his appearance. In one chapter, he comes back from winter vacation with a monster zit … but that’s really the only time he suffers over a physical “defect.”

It was liberating for me, not only as a writer, but as a recovering teenager, (!) to not pay attention to his appearance.

I spent soooo many hours during my own teen years obsessing over my height (too tall), my weight (too skinny), and my skin (bad). I guess those memories were so painful I was unwilling to inflict such angst on Blake. He made it through the story with only one zit. :-)

About Flash Burnout

Fifteen-year-old Blake has a girlfriend and a friend who's a girl. One of them loves him, the other one needs him.

When he snapped a picture of a street person for his photography homework, Blake never dreamed that the woman in the photo was his friend Marissa's long-lost meth addicted mom.

In a tangle of life, death, and love, Blake will emerge with a more sharply defined snapshot of loyalty. Buy a copy at Indiebound or Amazon.

About L.K. Madigan

L.K. Madigan is a writer living in Portland, Oregon, who finds it odd to speak in the third person. Therefore:

Hi. I am married with one son, two big black dogs, hundreds of books, and a couple of beaters, I mean vintage cars. Find out more at http://www.lkmadigan.com


1 comment:

Widget_logo