Thursday, October 29, 2009

Ordinary Superpowers

So I have this thing, a small power of sorts, that I call Line Luck. Yesterday, for example, I walked into the post office and found absolutely no one in line. But when I turned around to leave, there were ten people waiting all of a sudden. This happens to me a lot in grocery stores, movie theaters, Starbucks, etc. I wish I could fly, turn everything I touch into chocolate for 10 seconds a day... but at least I often avoid waiting in line.

What's your ordinary Superpower? What Superpower do you wish you possessed?

8 comments:

  1. I get out of speeding tickets. I get pulled over about two or three times a year and I haven't actually gotten a ticket since high school. (that's 16 years)Every time I get pulled over, I think, This is it; this time I'm totally getting a ticket. But then I don't. Don't tell Christy Raedeke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have good parking karma. I often pull into a parking lot and drive right up to the front of the store, just as another car is leaving. I always take it as a sign that I should buy myself something nice. Like an icee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty lucky at finding good parking spots, too. Not really lucky at much else though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valynne, I hope you get yourself an icee when that happens. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. According to my husband, my superpower is always coming up with tasty sandwiches/pitas when we go to a deli. My ability to get a consistent tasty sandwich out of Subway is an especial mystery to him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to be able to find parking spots! I once almost missed a plane, circling and circling in the airport lot. And speeding tickets--you must be quite charming Jody : )

    Miriam, choosing the right menu item is a fabulous Superpower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pick good melons at the grocery store. I think 80% of the time I pick a winner. That's pretty good odds to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to have the melon superpower, Debbie. I've eaten too much bad cantaloupe!

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo