Sunday, October 4, 2009

In My Mailbox (8)

Much thanks to The Story Siren and Alea The Pop Culture Junkie for the this weekly feature.

This week I traveled to Walla Walla, Washington to attend my college reunion. These are the books I purchased before politely asking the cute indie Book and Game store if they'd consider stocking my books (oh, how that makes me feel shy!).

Once Was Lost by Sara Zarr
A pastor's daughter starts to have doubts as her family shows its imperfections

Why I'm Excited:
I'm a big fan of Sara's writing. Plus, I missed her book signing in Salt Lake because I'm in Walla Walla, so I at least have the book now. And a long car ride ahead of me...


The Postcard by Tony Abbott
A boy discovers family secrets when his grandmother dies.

Why I'm Excited:
I will always be grateful for Tony Abbott's Droon series because they turned my daughter into a voracious reader. And I loved Fire Girl. This one looks like a lot of fun!

Oh, and it's not too late to enter my Jungle Crossing book and chocolate giveaway! Leave a comment here.


2 comments:

  1. I loved Story of a Girl so I'll definitely have to pick up Once Was Lost. Hope you enjoy your books, Sydney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Once Was Lost" is so good! I highly recommend it. Hope that the books entertained you during your car ride!

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo