Sunday, October 11, 2009

In My Mailbox (9)

Much thanks to The Story Siren and Alea The Pop Culture Junkie for the this weekly feature.

Reminder: You can still enter to win a signed copy of Jungle Crossing and Godiva chocolate if you make a comment here by midnight on October 12th.

The theme of the week: nothing pink!

The Maze Runner by James Dashner
Glades, mazes, mysteries, a boy and a girl...

Why I'm Excited:
I've heard so much great buzz about his one. And I love reading my fellow Utah authors' books!


Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
Cusp of WWI, giant airships, a girl disguised as a boy...

Why I'm Excited:
I hadn't even heard of the steam punk genre until a few months ago (I do gravitate toward those pink book covers). I loved the Uglies series so I'm excited to dive into this one. After my daughter steals it first.

2 comments:

  1. Great books! I'm jealous of both of them(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leviathan is brilliant and I hadn't heard of steampunk until a few months ago either!

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo