Sunday, September 27, 2009

In My Mailbox (7)

Much thanks to The Story Siren and Alea The Pop Culture Junkie for the this weekly feature.

I only purchased 2009 Debutante books this week:

The Brilliant Fall of Gianna Z. by Kate Messner
A girl has less than a week to complete her leaf project.

Why I'm Excited:
The book takes place in Vermont--and I have many fond memories of gathering colorful leaves when I lived there as a young child. Plus, it's just the kind of story my 10-year-old loves.



Candor by Pam Bachorz
About teens living in a town that makes them obedient through subliminal messages.

Why I'm Excited:
It just sound so good--and I have to admit it does intrigue me as the parent of a snarky teen (kidding, sort of). You love to clean the house.


Prophesy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink
About a prophesy that turns sisters against each other.

Why I'm Excited:
I got to meet Michelle Zink in person this week when her book tour brought her to Salt Lake City!!! She's so warm, intelligent, and thoughtful.


I also bought a signed copy to giveaway when I'm through with my Jungle Crossing chocolate giveaways next month. It's not too late to enter this week's contest!



6 comments:

  1. i need to read all three of these! they all sound great... i think i have them all in my tbr pile actually! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prophecy of Sisters looks really good--how lucky that you were able to meet the author!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I've read Candor and it's so amazing! Happy Reading. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got Prophecy of the Sisters, and I want the other two really bad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You want me to win the Jungle Crossing Contest. You want me to win the Jungle Crossing Contest. You want me to win the Jungle Crossing Contest. You want me to win the Jungle Crossing Contest.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prophecy is really good and I want to read Candor so bad! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo