Sunday, September 13, 2009

In My Mailbox (5)

Welcome to the Boise edition of In My Mailbox, dedicated to one of my favorite indie book stores Rediscovered Bookshop. One of my favorite things about attending SCBWI conferences in Boise is making a stop at Rediscovered Bookshop--they have such a fantastic selection of YA titles and an incredibly knowledgeable staff. 

Actually In My Mailbox:

Road to Tater Hill by Edith Hemingway
About a girl mourning the loss of her baby sister.

Why I'm Excited:
Edie is one of my 2k9 classmates & I've been looking forward to her story for a long time.



From Rediscovered Bookshop in Boise, Idaho:

The Hollow by Jessica Verday
A girl vanishes, and secrets & betrayal follow.

Why I'm Excited:
Laura, the owner of Rediscovered Bookshop, said that The Hollow had gotten a tremendous response from her teen reader panel. Yay for another awesome Deb! 



Because I Am Furniture by Thalia Chaltas
A verse novel about abuse.

Why I'm Excited:
I've heard so many good things about this book & I really enjoy novels told in verse (something I could never do well).



Madapple by Christina Meldrum
The inside cover says, "Thought-provoking and shocking." 

Why I'm Excited:
I've been wanting this one for awhile so I was really excited to spot it on the shelf.



Much thanks to The Story Siren and Alea The Pop Culture Junkie for the this weekly feature.


1 comment:

  1. I've got The Hollow but haven't read it yet. I'm looking forward to it though. Enjoy your books, Sydney!

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo