Sunday, August 30, 2009

In My Mailbox (4)

Much thanks to The Story Siren and Alea The Pop Culture Junkie for the this weekly feature.

In my mailbox:

Bedeviled by Shani Petroff
A thirteen year old girl discovers her absent father is the devil. All kinds of craziness ensues.

Why I'm excited:
Lara is another 2009 Debutante. I loved the quirky attitude in this book--lots of humor, so many unexpected situations, and really great characters. It's so cute you want to pinch it's cheeks! Tweens are going to love this book when it comes out in October. My daughter is still mad at me for not letting her read it now.

So it was a slow week for my bookshelf, giving me a chance to make progress on my rather tall to-read stack. But--I discovered an unused B&N gift certificate (from my birthday last December) in my bedside table drawer. How could I forget about something so important? Tricks (Ellen Hopkins) and Ash (Malinda Lo), here I come!

10 comments:

  1. This book looks like a really fun read, I'll have to pick it up. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bedeviled looks really good and I want to read Ash too. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great! Go use your B&N card go. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun book! Nice surprise to find a BN giftcard!
    My In My Mailbox is up Here

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read Ash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds absolutely cute, and funny. I'm anxious to read it. Let us know when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm pretty sure Bedeviled comes out in October.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey I've heard of this book. I'll look out for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks good. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book sounds really good and intresting

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo