Sunday, July 26, 2009

In My Mailbox (2)

Much thanks to The Story Siren and Alea The Pop Culture Junkie for the this weekly feature.

In My Mailbox:

Mommy Doesn't Drink Here Anymore by Rachel Brownell
A memoir about Rachael's struggle with parenthood and alcohol.

Why I'm excited:
Rachel and I went to college together & I'm impressed by her honesty, insight, and reflection in this compelling story. I planned to give it to my psychologist mom, but I couldn't help but read it first.

Bought:


Paris Pan Takes The Dare by Cynthea Liu
Spunky 12-year-old Paris moves to a new town (again), attempts to make the right kind of friends, and deals with her quirky family, all while trying to figure out if her house is in a haunted forest.

Why I'm excited:
I read this book in ARC form and LOVED it (so cute, so funny, so charming). So now I can't wait for my fourth grade daughter to read it (it's just the kind of book she adores as well). Cynthea will be a guest blogger here within the next week or so. If you'd like to read her first guest post, click here.

8 comments:

  1. le gasp! you joined the cult sensation! xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those both look great!! Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just looked like too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books you got this week they look really interesting. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paris Pan Takes the Dare looks like a really fun read! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books! Enjoy and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay! thanks for participating! Oh.. PARIS PAN! how exciting! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul!!! The first one sounds interesting!
    Wayy cool!

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo