Saturday, July 25, 2009

Guest Nose Megan Frazer

Today it's my pleasure to welcome Megan Frazer, author of Secrets of Truth & Beauty. I'm reading it this weekend--and it's so good!  Megan shared one of her beauty disasters with me:

In college I studied abroad in Ireland. I went through a few radical changes in my appearance while I was there. First, I cut my hair from shoulder length to much shorter. And second I got my nose pierced.

Here's a little Do/Don't for nose piercing:
DO go to someone who knows what she's doing.
DON'T get it done with one of those guns they use to do ears.

It hurt like you cannot believe. It probably took hours for my eye to stop tearing. You have to turn the stud just like you do with an earring and man did that bring the pain right back. I don't even want to think about when I changed the ring the first time.

The worst part of it all: I got back home and went to my summer job in retail, and they had a no face piercing policy. Just as it was starting to heal, I had to pull it out.


About Secrets of Truth & Beauty

Secrets of Truth & Beauty -- When Dara Cohen was little, she was crowned Little Miss Maine. That was then. Now Dara's seventeen and she's not so little anymore. That's just one of her many problems. Another is that her control-freak mom won't get off her case about anything. Yet the one that hurts the most is the family secret: Dara has an older sister her parents tried to erase from their lives. Buy your own copy here!

About Megan Frazer

Megan Frazer studied English literature and creative writing at Columbia University. She lives with her husband and baby in Maine, where she is a high school librarian. She loves cheese and cooking, and both of these make their way into Secrets of Truth & Beauty. She was not, however, ever in a beauty pageant. Visit Megan's website:  http://www.meganfrazer.com


1 comment:

  1. I can imagine how it hurt you to get a piercing. Getting rid of a pimple on my nose hurts like hell already.

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo