Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Guest Nose Stacey Jay!


Today I'd like to welcome Guest Nose, Stacey Jay, author of You Are So Undead To Me.

Stacey, do you have any embarrassing nose moments you'd like to share?

I can't say I've got one super embarrassing "nose" moment. My nose and I have never been on good terms. I've always resented it for having a weird little bump near the top and it has issues with the perfume I've worn since I was twenty so...yeah. It's kind of painful to talk about actually.

So I'll move straight on to my most embarrassing "head" moment. In eighth grade I dressed up as an alien from the movie "Coneheads" with a latex wig cap that I stuffed with cotton so that it stood up in a big cone on top of my head. Everyone said I looked like I was wearing a condom for a hat. It was incredibly embarrassing and the worst part was that I couldn't even take it off because I was having a REALLY bad hair day underneath that wig cap. Tragic. My rep never recovered until we graduated junior high and went on to high school.

Your main character Megan deals with a lot of zombies. Does she have any beauty/fashion tips she'd like to share?

MEGAN'S TOP FIVE ZOMBIE SETTLING FASHION "DO'S"

* Wear comfortable shoes. Running in heels is for actress crime-fighter types who worry about their legs looking thinner on camera. Zombies don't care about size. All legs are suitable for "nomming."

* Carry a light, fruity body spray to combat the funky smell of grave dirt. (Avoid musky scents like patchouli that tend to exaggerate The Stank.)

* Ditch the sparkly earrings. You don't want to be the one to test the "zombies are not drawn to shiny objects" theory.

* Take a moment to pull back your hair. Even in cases where protruding ears might draw the attention of flesh-hungry corpses looking for a small, cartilage-y snack, it's still best to have your hair out of your face.

* All black, all the time. It's slimming, blends in with the night, and can easily go from sealing graves to making boys your slaves with just a little lipgloss. (And those sparkly earrings if you can find them. Boys definitely seem to be drawn to shiny objects.)

You can find Megan's Fashion "Do's" in the March issue of Romantic Times Magazine.

More about You Are So Undead To Me:

Megan Berry's social life is so dead. Literally. Fifteen-year-old Megan is a Zombie Settler by birth, which means she's a part-time shrink to a bunch of dead people. All Megan wants is to be normal--and go to homecoming. But someone in school is using black magic to turn average, angsty Undead into flesh-eating Zombies, and it's looking like homecoming will turn out to be a very different kind of party--the bloody kind. Buy the book here.

More about Stacey Jay:

Stacey Jay is a workaholic with three pen names, four kids, and a decidedly macabre sense of humor. She loves zombies, creepies, crawlies, blood, guts, gore, and of course, romance. You Are So Undead To Me, Stacey's debut paranormal YA romance is published by Razorbill books. Find Stacey's website here.

Thanks, Stacey!

2 comments:

Widget_logo