Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My Name Is Sydney

My name is Sydney Salter and I have a big nose. I mean, I've written a book called My Big Nose And Other Natural Disasters, about a girl named Jory who thinks she has a big nose.

But I do have a big nose. And don't even try to tell me that I don't. I won't believe you. As this blog will show--I have plenty of proof. I will render in painful detail some of my embarrassing nose moments, truly weird nose coincidences, and some possibly horrifying stuff that will have you rushing to the mirror to praise your own dear proboscis. 

As for disasters, I have plenty of those too. Just last week, I backed out of my driveway and crashed into my sister-in-law's Subaru. Even though I knew she was there. To my credit, for 357 days a year, she parks on a small island off the coast of Washington State, but just seconds before I crashed into her, we'd been talking about where to park at the mall. So, yeah, the inspiration for Jory's bad driving record comes from, um, me. But I bet I'm the only one who got a shiny new tail light for Christmas. Am I right?

I will also cover other aspects of truth and beauty, finding your passions (in the creative sense of the word), and writing, of course. For me it always comes back to the writing. Oh, and sometimes I will feature guest noses (please let me know if yours would like to participate).

So welcome to My Big Nose And Other Natural Disasters! (I still can't believe that I have to keep saying the phrase, "My Big Nose." Why didn't I write about a girl who hated her knees? Or elbows? Oh, well.) Here we go!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so excited to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Sydney. So glad you decided to dive in. Or leap...with this year's added leap second. Weeee!

    I'd partcipate as a guest nose...hee hee. I think I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with mine. I like it, I don't. I like this part, not that part. You know. Sometimes I wonder, would it look like this if I hadn't had that bike crash when I was a kid?

    Ah, noses. Why do they need to be front and center on our faces?

    Welcome, welcome, welcome to the blog world, Sydney. It's great here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new blog! (I once backed into another car in the driveway once, too...)

    ReplyDelete

Widget_logo